Growing up with full and thick eyebrows that are oftentimes mistaken for a unibrow, having it done was not one of the beauty goals. Since the emergence of supermodel turned actress Cara Delevingne, who has taken fashion runways by storm with her bushy and well-shaped brows. The “Enchantress” actress gave these creative directors a brand new take on how eyebrows should be done and became the instant fashion It Girl with her cool sense of fashion and eccentric personalities that fashion designers and paparazzi just can’t get enough of her.
However, not everyone is born – in some ways grew up – with her perfectly plucked eyebrows. Even during her time, most women ended up having thin doll-like eyebrows and looked like a nineties pop star or had someone pluck them during one party in high school. As to what was considered a trend in eyebrows, fashion had changed a lot and microblading eyebrows were invented. It has continued to prosper for women who want to look like Delevignge.
What is microblading eyebrows?
Microblading is the process of reshaping your eyebrows to its best shape through eyebrow architecture. The tool used in eyebrow microblading – a pen with at least 12 tiny needles at the tip- scratches just the surface of the skin of your eyebrows and not completely scab the skin to produce a realistic looking finished product.
How is microblading different from eyebrow tattoo?
Eyebrow tattoo is putting a permanent mark on your eyebrow that looks like they are drawn to create a shape, unlike microblading where the process is reshaping and not drawing.
Are there microblading eyebrows near me?
Most probably yes. Since microblading is a global phenomenon today, there are 9 out of 10 chances that you will encounter a clinic who offer it. Unlike before, microblading cost less compared to eyebrow tattooing during the time when not every woman can afford to get their brows done.
6 Steps for Microblading Eyebrows:
The process of microblading brows can be done with six easy and relatively painless steps.
- Cleaning the brows – This step includes threading excess hair and preparing for the actual treatment.
- Numbing the area – Since microblading brows include 10 to 12 tiny needles, they will numb the area where the treatment will occur using a topical ointment. This will take at least 40 minutes, by that time you can decide the eyebrow shape you want.
- Studying the face – This common 10-minute step takes place to ensure the eyebrows will compliment your face’s bone structure and features.
- Eyebrows microblading needling process – This is the actual treatment where your eyebrows will be implanting the pigment on your eyebrows gently and create the shape. Once you feel pain, let them know so they can apply additional topical ointment.
- Adding more pigment – This process usually take at least 5 minutes to get the maximum effect of microbladed eyebrows.
- Second session – After at least 6 to eight weeks, you will need to back to the clinic to fill in the empty gaps in your eyebrows.
Eyebrows microbladed: What to do before and after?
Even before the microblading session begins, you would need to avoid the following:
- Drinking alcohol at least two days before the treatment
- Drinking coffee at least 2 hours before the treatment
- Drinking aspirin at least a day before the treatment
These are some of the things you need to avoid before going to the clinic to get your brows done. There are even more daily routines you would have to avoid after your first session, such as:
- You cannot put on other beauty day and night products while your eyebrows are still healing. The only thing you can put on your face is the oil prescribed by the clinic. You need to try your best and not skip this step to get the maximum end product. While this may seem like a hard task especially if you started that 6-step Korean skincare regime, just think of it as a simple step back for a better future of beauty and light!
- You need clean sheets! Technically, your bed set needs to be changed at least twice a week. After the first session of microblading brows, you need to change your pillowcase and bed sheet entirely because your old set has dirt from weeks of sleeping in them. I always prefer using white because you sleep and wake up better in white.
Side note: Is microblading permanent?
The answer is no. Microblading can last within year depending on your skin.
After the first session, you will be asked to go back to the clinic for the final and sixth step of putting more pigment to where it didn’t work properly or heal. After that, another healing time will occur and you need to do the five steps again for precaution before you can completely enjoy your microbladed eyebrows!